Saturday, June 5, 2010

DON'T LET THE SMILE FOOL YOU, captivity is cruel


SAVE JAPAN DOLPHINS

I have discovered a new hobby; researching organisations and charities in favour of animals. I am a strong believer in Animal Rights. This is probably because I empathise too much. I think to myself, 'What if I were that animal? Would I like to be treated that way? What could make my life better if I were actually that animal?'. Every single animal you can think of has a brain, whether it be a mammal, bird, reptile, fish or amphibian. This to me means that every animal has the right to steer clear of cruelty.

Every now and then I make a donation to organisations such as the RSPCA (The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) and the WWF (World Wildlife Fund). Although I donate, I don't feel as though I'm doing enough as I can.
This to me seems to be becoming more of a passion than a hobby. I often wonder what else I could do to help and am thinking of raising money for 'Save Japan Dolphins'.


Save Japan Dolphins is a campaign against the killing of dolphins all over the world, but specifically in Taiji Japan. Up to 23,000 dolphins are killed at the Cove in Taiji Japan annually. These innocent creatures are either captured and sold to aquariums such as Sea World, or slaughtered for meat. This information absolutely tears me to shreds.

23,000. Each year. Slaughtered.
Why is it that some human beings cannot comprehend the fact that if this continues, there is a high chance of dolphins becoming extinct.

This issue is something I have overwhelmingly become compassionate about.

Please watch the two videos below. I'm sure you will feel the same feeling of wanting to do something about this, wanting to take a stand.



As mentioned above I would love to help raise money for this cause. If you have any thoughts or suggestions as to what I could do to fund money, please let me know.
Also, if you would like to donate yourself by either donating money or by buying something from the store, please visit http://www.savejapandolphins.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment